Where: The Town Commons, Greenville, NC
When: July 29, 2017 6:00 am
Here’s where you pay. Remember anything above the $15 is donated to NC ALS paypal.me/SasquatchIII
What: CSAUP is defined as “…something we do not in spite of their difficulty, stupidity and pointlessness, but because of those things.” (Freed to Lead, p. 106)
Why: The Sasquatch came into being as a way to honor Bigfoot. Bigfoot is now in Seattle bringing his unique brand of pain to those crazy enough to follow. As a new I experienced a great deal of discomfort with Bigfoot as the Q. The F3 Fitness Q and #Mumblechatter Master came up with the idea everyone said, “Yep. That’s really stupid. Let’s do it.”
Since that first Sasquatch a gracious plenty has taken place. The Pax of F3 Nation has been challenged personally and as a group. Growth and the pains that come with it have taken place. Life had some things in store that many of us could not have anticipated. For F3 ENC one of the most significant events was our first Nantan, Papa Smurf, being diagnosed with ALS. The Pax of F3 ENC and F3 Nation has since locked shields and carried a Blue Brick. #CoopStrong is a part of us all and an AO, “Coop’s Stronghold” (formerly The Stadium) exists. Sasquatch II expressed how much he means to all of F3. This year’s Sasquatch III will have that same focus because Papa Smurf is proof that a man’s life is not the sum of his accomplishments but of the lives he touches.
Same format as the previous two. We will begin at Town Commons in Greenville, head to Elm Street Park (1.5 Miles), The Stronghold (.6 Miles), Paramore (4.4 Miles), and Boyd Lee Park (2.4 Miles). It’s a 9 mile course with 5 beatdowns in the heat of a North Carolina summer followed by breakfast at Boyd Lee J.
For a Map of the Course Click Here
Cost: $15 per PAX. This covers a finisher patch, breakfast, and drinks. Remaining proceeds will be donated to the winner’s charity of choice (See The Sasquatch Award below).
How: Three groups:
The Completely Stupid – Those Pax who run the course and participate in the beatdowns at each AO. Pax have a choice; do it all or only part of The Sasquatch. As long as you step out with a Mean Mean Stride.
The Support Team – It’s going to be hot. Pax have provided support by driving and biking from AO to AO. Those water stations between and at each AO is something that YHC and others count on. Also, plans can go sideways and Pax may need support. We are large particle men and we don’t let Pax fall through the Sifter. Pax may need assistance, due to heat or injury, and count on the Support Team. Finally The Support Team helps with recording final run times from Paramore Park (See the Sasquatch Award Below) and help with cooking breakfast at Boyd Lee
AO Qs – Pax who lead 1 of 5 workouts at the F3 ENC AOs. We give first choice to those that are not actually running the event so we can get maximum participation of the Pax.
3rd F- Friday night we will have a great 3rd F opportunity. Out of town Pax are welcome and we may be able to find a place for you to lay your head. Let us know if you need a temporary home that is not a tent J
Sasquatch Day-of Reminders
- Park at Boyd Lee Park (Finish) or Greenville Town Commons. We will get you back to your ride. Transport from Boyd Lee will leave at 5:30 am sharps!
- Stay Hydrated!
- There will have a coolers transported and station along the route and at each of the AO’s. When you arrive to an AO, grab a drink or a bite and don’t litter. We’re serious. The only traces that need to be left are hard to find Merlot and puddles of sweat.
- Listen to Your Body
- Support Team Pax will be available for picking up PAX.
- Be Aware of your Surroundings!
- We will be running on the road. Watch out for traffic and watch out for each other.
- 12 Minute Mile Max
- We plan to wait for the six before the workout begins but there will be a 12 minute/mile max. If the six is not at the AO by the 12 minute per mile time, the workout will begin, giving the six an opportunity to catch up to the PAX while being conscientious of total time.
- Show Respect for your Brother that is Still Competing
- Listen up for the Qs direction. After you get something to drink, show respect for those still competing by holding plank, Balls to the Wall, Al Gore, etc. AO Qs will hold you accountable.
- There is No “I” in F3
- Make sure that no man is left behind. There will be at least two people at the six at all times. If this was your first time running 9 miles, would you want to do it alone?
- The Sasquatch Award
- The only point in which this is a competition is at the very end. The workout at Paramore will consist of a Half-Cindy (10 minutes AMRAP 5 pull ups, 10 Merkins, 15 Squats) and the run to Boyd Lee Park. The winner of this section gets the coveted Sasquatch Trophy for the year. The proceeds will be donated to NC ALS.
Well this CSAUP comes down to this. We will struggle and we will like it. The purpose is not to prove what studs we are (#Truth). It is to accept that there is no growth without struggle. YHC looks forward to the struggle with men who understand what it means to Give and Sacrifice. See you in July!