AO: Mamba Monday
Conditions: Eerily calm and brisk (33 degrees)
PAX: Allman Joy, Navy Brat, Crapshoot, Gravity, Mr. T, Caliseaum, GTA, Special K, Southie, Bambi, Smuckers, Kramer, Flock of Seagulls, Steak Knives, Pledge, Napa, Buckeye, Offering Plate, McNally, Rip cord, Babyback, Humpday, Geiger, FNG Walker, Dumbledore (YHC)
F3 Mission: To plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for men, for the invigoration of male community leadership.
5 Core Principles:
- Open to all men
- Held outside, rain or shine, hot or cold
- Led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification
- Always ends of a Circle of Trust (COT)
Warm-o-rama: 10 Burpees OYO, Seal claps x 22, Gravel Pickers x 15, 10 count touch your toes, 10 Burpees OYO, 10 count groin stretch
Phase 1 – COMPETE
Moseyed to the outfield of baseball field 2, where cones had been placed out marking 40 yards from one line to the other. Oh look…we found a treasure…10 Burpees OYO
Split up into two groups – one group of little guys (under 200 lbs) and one group of huskier gents (over 200 lbs). Group one lined up for 40-yard sprints – not just 40 yard moseys, but all-out sprints! Since support and encouragement are such a huge part of our F3 brotherhood, the other group was tasked with motivating and encouraging (or taunting) the other group during their sprints (which served as their rest while the other group puts the work in). We did this in a rotating fashion until all PAX felt either victorious or embarrassed. After a handful of rounds, we lined up the 2 fastest little guys against the 2 fastest big boys. No surprise the victor was of Mamba lineage – Smuckers!
Phase 2 – PUSH
Lined up along the right field fence. Just for fun…10 Burpees OYO!
This one garnered some weird looks, but the idea was to push each other out of your comfort zone. Start the cycle with 10 fence hops (Gravity has named his version the F4 – four-foot fence forward roll), run toward the left field foul pole, stop for 20 squat thrusts midway, finish with 25 merkins on the other side, and run back. Rinsed and repeated until the pace slowed a bit. Called for all PAX to recover, and then a gift…10 Burpees OYO!
Phase 3 – ENCOURAGE
Moseyed to the tennis courts. These boys looked tired…10 Burpees OYO!
Partnered up for a DORA executed for the length of the tennis court, with the PAX 1 runner completing 15 Pike pushups at the other end of the court while PAX 2 starts banging out his share of 100 wide merkins, 100 squats, 100 flutter kicks.
Moseyed across the street to the Williston Middle School steps where we realized these steps couldn’t accommodate the crowd of PAX in attendance – called an audible and started a quick pace run to the school’s southside parking lot and found another treasure…10 Burpees OYO!
We didn’t complete the 100 burpees according to my plan, so we’ll just add the remaining to the next Dumbledore Q!
Hustled back to the AO. Took count of PAX (all were accounted for).
- New coupon AO being launched at Bradley Creek Elementary to compliment the run-heavy Tuesday line-up we currently have. Soft launch scheduled for 2/2/21.
- Service day at Eden Village to be held after the Baywatch Convergence that takes place this Saturday (1/16/21) at 0700. Change of the national F3 guard will take place HERE, so be there or be square!
- DES challenge is proving the strength of our region. Check the Slack channel and keep those submissions coming.
- Mission-Slimpossible challenge is in flight, with weigh-ins conducted by Buckeye at various AOs. Check the Slack channel.
- Battle of the Bridge dodgeball challenge will take place between the Mambas and Scorpions at next week’s Mamba Monday (1/18/21). All are welcome to join!
FNG Walker joined us by way of a Crapshoot headlock
- Pray for our recently headlocked PAX from the Wilmington Treatment Center to get the support they need from our community to remain focused on their journeys.
- Prayers for our country
- Prayers for our first responders