- Date of Workout: 19 December 2019 Day 353 with 12 remaining; If we had not met our new year resolution yet, we planned to get it all finished up today.
- AO: Breakpoint
- VQIC: Gump
- 17 PAX: @JoCo , @Seahorse , @Floppy Disk , @Duck Heart , @Kix , @Sparky , @Booth, @sandbar, @Pixel Pusher , @Waterboy , @Big Sky , @Crockett , @Hush Money , @Beauty , @SMILES , @mayhem, @Gump
- Warm-o-rama: All IC– 12 Toe Taps (alternating), 12 Bent over flys, 12 Star jumps, 12 Apollos
- THANG 1: Mosey at 80% to basketball courts. Bear crawl across the three courts to the opposite sideline where we were blessed to do 25 Derkins from the bench or fence. Lunges back across the courts to the opposite sideline where we were able to do reverse dips on the bench or fence, also 25. Rinse and repeat until the number of the day, 353. Midway through, someone states that this is really an unimaginative workout; someone else calls it “a real, set it and forget it”. Little do we know, there is more on the horizon. Thanks to Crockett for putting some of us out of our misery. Recover in a foot circle to Stargaze and listen to the first refrain of Alfred Lord Tennyson’s In Memoriam [Ring Out, Wild Bells]
Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky,
The flying cloud, the frosty light:
The year is dying in the night;
Ring out, wild bells, and let him die.
- THANG 2: Mosey out of the courts and along the path in the dark along the tennis courts towards the playground. Rocky sky hooks during the yog for the eager. Halt at the shuffleboard court. Two lines, single file on your six and holding in Boat or V-position. Everyone holds while the first two in line sprint along the path to the bridge on Park…approximately 200 meters…and then begin holding Boat/V until the rest of the tribe arrive. Each duo begins their sprint once the prior group has sprinted the first 50 meters. Time in Boat/V, about two minutes. Big Sky had to reach out and grab my shoulder through the deep gloom of the Cross City trail as it was too spooky for him. Recover in Stargaze and soak in the next two stanzas from Ring Out, Wild Bells
Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.
Ring out the grief that saps the mind
For those that here we see no more;
Ring out the feud of rich and poor,
Ring in redress to all mankind…
- THANG 3 [truncated for time]: Mosey along the Cross City Trail and back into Empie, but take a right instead of a left back to the AO. Split in two groups along the wooden corral along the parking lot. First side does fence hurdles (24) while the other side does step ups on the lower rung (24). Run across to the other side and switch and repeat. The plan was to include back extensions on the fence after the step ups and make our way back towards 353 or as time allowed. Fortunately, time did not allow for more than a full rotation, so we moseyed back towards the AO with a jailbreak for the last 150 m. Once again, plan was to finish with some core work of side planks, reverse planks, and flutterkicks, but we recovered in Stargaze and soaked in the frost and the final three refrains from Tennyson:
Ring out false pride in place and blood,
The civic slander and the spite;
Ring in the love of truth and right,
Ring in the common love of good.
Ring out old shapes of foul disease;
Ring out the narrowing lust of gold;
Ring out the thousand wars of old,
Ring in the thousand years of peace.
Ring in the valiant man and free,
The larger heart, the kindlier hand;
Ring out the darkness of the land,
Ring in the Christ that is to be.
After the final refrain, @Hush Money spots a shooting star to close the Stargaze. Thanks to all that came out to Breakpoint on this subzero morning. Special thanks to @Beauty for the coaching. @Booth posted back to back for his second day and @sandbar for letting me carpool…although next time we should just run the mile from home. My first time meeting our new Nant’an in @Sparky and happy to have my pre-F3 buds join of @mayhem@Duck Heart@SMILES@Pixel Pusher
- COT/BOM: Reminder as the year closes that our past is behind us and while it shapes us, it does not need to define us. We can finish strong and strive on. This was my VQ and I did not feel like I was remotely ready to lead, but was voluntold elsewise. After years of resisting Mayhem and Beauty and The Gloom, I finally posted just under a month ago. I have been surprised how encouraged and committed I have been to the movement. Proud to play a part.
- Continued prayer for family of Niles, Waterboy’s family challenge around Christmas and forgiveness, Duckheart’s gf is being commissioned to Iraq with YWAM to share the Good News, Gump’s friends in Italy that are desperately trying to adopt three kids from Russia and having to fight an appeal to their prior judge approval, plus any mis-remembered or unspoken.
- Big Rock at Holy Crepes led by Hush followed.