Date: 9 Sep 19
Pax: Hooch, BAttle Bot, Flamer, Crocket, Lightning, Dogwood, Cookie, Sir-Mix-A-Lot, Chuckles, Teacher’s Pet, Rx, WAtchdog, Tea Party, Franks, The Mounty, Rhombus, Brick City, Yins (Yens?), Cookout, Tombstone, Tiny Tank , Crosswalk, Hoosier Daddy (extra credit folks included Rx, Epo, and a few other pax)
A record (for YHC) 24 pax showed up to start the week as stronger, better leaders. For me, this was the biggest groups I have led in the gloom… and it showed early on. But enough about me, this is about me and my wife and 23 years of marital bliss.
Warm-Up: Precisely at 5:30 we began with SSH x20, Hillbillies x20, arm circles, and 10 burpies
Mosey to the speed humps, and form two completely misbalanced groups. Its going to be a ladder, which should be easy if 1) You can count, 2) you listen to directions (thanks Sir MIx for getting me all out of balance with your comment), and 3) The Q can explain it in a succinct and clear way. Unfortunately, we did not get 100% compliance with any of this. Let’s get started anyway…
- 10 standard merkins, butt kickers to next speed hump
- 10 standard merkins, 15 wide arm merkins, high knees to next speed hump
- 30 diamond merkins, run back then come pick up the Q
NOTE TO PAX: SOMEONE YELLING “CAR TO THE REAR” DOES NOT INDICATE THAT IT IS SAFE TO HIT THE DECK AND DO MERKINS IN THE ROAD
Lets do legs now..
- 5 burpies, then butt kickers to next speed bump
- 5 burpies, 15 Imperial Squat Walkers, then high knees to next speed hump
- 5 burpies, 15 Imperial Squat Walkers, and 30 Smurf Jacks, run back to hump 1 and come back to pick up the Q
To keep people from getting run over, we moseyed back to the parking lot for some 11’s.
- This side we start with 0 monkey humpers, then run to the other side and do 11 crunchy frogs. Run back and do 1 monkey humper, run to the other side and do 10 crunchy frogs. So on and so forth.
Mosey then prison break back to the flag….
Mary: In honor of my anniversary, lets do 23 flutter kicks, then 23 american hammers led by Tombstone, then 23 box cutters led by Tea Party, then I think Hooch did something.
Moleskin: I can’t quite remember what Sir-Mix said to me right before I started the ladder, but it got me all aflutter. WELCOME BACK TEA PARTY!! We missed you brother… strong work!!! We think that Tombstone managed to recruit a passing car with his monkey humper technique.
COT: Prayers for Ocrakoke Island and Bahamas, those that heal, protect, teach and seek the truth.
Thank you for letting me lead…