PAX: Buck-Shot, Chop-Shop, Bam-Bam, McFly, Sunshine, Venus, LETC, Seahorse, Cracker, Busted-Grill, Trump, Flight-Nurse, Last, Shakespeare, Oops, Snap-On, Butterfly, Ball-Bearing, Bootlegger, Tom Sawyer, Tine Dancer, Flamer, Fox-Trott, Parrot-Head, Burger-Feet, Peter-Pan, Gobo, Tubbs, Sooner, Mr Miyagi, Overdraft, Old-Soul, Morpheus, Niles, Moab, Glass-Joe, Happy-Gilmore, Shaundaclair (SP?), Bone-Spur, Atari, Knuckle-Puck, Dino, Ronaldo, Jellybean, Mountie, Five-Hole, Pony-Express, Spare-Rib, Hoser (FNG), OTC
SSH x30 IC
Mountain Climbers x20 IC
Carolina Dry-Docks x15 IC
Form 2-columns for Indian run to the beach…well, this had us stretched out across the soccer field so we tightened that up into three columns. The columns were a little close to one another making the Indian movement difficult. In the future, we may need to consider filing for a Right-of-Way permit to take up more of the street.
I’m generally not a very safety conscious person, which I’m working on, so I thought I’d try to incorporate some safety measures.
It was hot and shirts were off so flutter kicks on the 6 in the sand served a dual purpose…a little Mary, a little natural sun protection for the back.
The Long Ladder – we’re headed to the water but first need to make the descent:
- The exercise is burpees, start with x12 at the first beach access and reduce by one rep at each subsequent access
- Run between the accesses and stop at the lifeguard stand before the pier
Amphibian Training – remember, safety first so before we hit the water we need a little training:
- Everybody line up facing the ocean at the wave line
- On your belly’s
- Army crawl 15 paces to the water
- Merkins x10 IC
- Army crawl 5 more paces
- Carolina Wet Docks x10 IC
Good news, everyone survived! Rise off quick and back the lifeguard stand partnering up on the way.
- Traditional exercise format, Merkins x100, Squats x200, LBC’s x300
- While one partner does exercises, the other runs into the water, fully submerges and runs back
Mary included Side-Plank-Dips and Burpees
Nice work…rinse quick, shoes on, find DORA partner for buddy-system (safety) run back to the AO.
The safety measures worked, everyone made it back…although we didn’t pre-count so that’s an assumption.
Naturally, there was a bit of a spread between the AO arrivals. Fortunately, Gobo was quick to step up and instruct everyone to perform his mating call, The Pickle Pumper, in front of the gathering FiA ladies. Then to clear up any confusion, he switched to the other side of this move with Box-Cutters. Well done Gobo!
- Cape Fear is definitely rising as this was one of the biggest turn-outs we’ve seen and it didn’t have an event insurgence to pump the numbers!
- T-Claps to all of you guys because it’s your energy and EH’ing that is driving the success of our Group!
- Welcome Hoser (FNG), Flamer’s co-worker.
- Strong work by all! Impressive numbers and awesome motivation!
It was an honor and a pleasure to lead today, thank you for the opportunity!