- When: 12/30/2017
- QIC: Tank
- The PAX: Glass Joe, Chanticleer, EOM, LETC, Flounder, Dino, Ball Bearing, Crosswalk, Hahvahd, SOL, OBT (Charlotte), Albeit (Charlotte)
13 PAX made the best decision of the day this morning and posted at Baywatch. The disclaimer was given (after OBT laid the law down that we should not wait for Dino and start the work out immediatey:) and we were off…
Here is how it all went down:
We really needed to warm up this time!
- Side Straddle Hops x 15 IC
- 1 Burpee
- Windmills x 15 IC
- 2 Burpees
- Imperial Walker x 15 IC
- 3 Burpees
- Apollo Ohno x 15 OYO
- 4 Burpees
- Merkins x 15 IC
- 5 Burpees
- LBC x 15 IC
- 6 Burpees
- Cotton Pickers x 15 IC
- 7 Burpees
- Plank Jacks x 15 IC
- 8 Burpees
- Seal Claps x 15 IC
- 9 Burpees
- Arm Circles x 15 IC
- 10 Burpees
Then we moved on to a Suicide at foul line, half court and opposite foul line. At each stop added in a Merkin Ladder with 2/4/6/8 – 8 being at the opposite base line. Once at the opposite base line all performed 25 LBCs, 25 Squats, 25 Flutter Kicks and 25 Lunges.
As expected, YHC rolled the basketball on the court and whipped out a bunch of notecards!!!!
He then reminded everyone the name of the game: “2 outta 3”…
The rules were simple.
- 12 notecards
- 1 PAX stepped up to the free throw line. With 1 PAX at the free throw line, the remaining PAX were on the line behind the basket
- The stack of cards was also waiting at the free throw line. They are shuffled, face down
- The PAX at the free throw line picked a card up and read it aloud to the remaining PAX lined up on the court. On each card there are two exercises. First, an exercise that all the PAX on the line had to perform while the PAX at the free throw line was shooting. Second, the exercise everyone had to do depending on how well each person shot the ball. If the free throw was made 2 out of 3 times, we did the exercise on the card once. But if the free throws were missed 2 out of 3 times, the exercise was done twice!! The pressure was on to get 2 out of 3. Here are the results:
Card 1– PAX: Side white line Jump
Exercise: 2 Suicides X 2
Card 2– PAX: Side Straddle Hop
Exercise: 20 Merkins X 2
Card 3—PAX: Little Arm Circles
Exercise: 15 Squat Jumps X 2
Card 4—PAX: Seal Jacks
Exercise: 5 Burpees X 2
Card 5—PAX: Merkins
Exercise: Lunge to far end of court then sprint back X 1 FLOUNDER!!!
Card 6—PAX: Russian Twist
Exercise: Spring to far end of court, 5 burpees, back to start 5 burpees X 2
Card 7 – PAX: Plank
Exercise: 5 Burpees X 2
Card 8—PAX: Backboard tip drill
Exercise: 25 squats X 1 GLASS JOE
Card 9—PAX: Squats
Exercise: Sprint to far end of court then bear crawl back X 2
Card 10—PAX: Flutter Kicks
Exercise: Sprint to far end of court then 10 Merkins and back X 2
Card 11- PAX: Plank Jacks
Exercise: 20 LBCs X 2
Card 12—PAX: Hold 6”
Exercise: Defensive slides up and down the court (2 times) X 2
Once the game was over, the PAX completed the Suicide at foul line, half court and opposite foul line drill one more time…
We still had some more time so the Q threw in some extra pain –
- Modified partner Derkins X 15
- Jack Webs – Keep 1:4 ratio. 1 Merkin 4 Air presses up to 10 Merkin 40 Air Presses
COP at the court for some MARY:
- Oblique Crunches – 15 on each side
- Carolina Mind Bender (3 minutes)
- Unfortunately we STILL can’t shoot. Thanks for everyone who gave it a shot!
- Kudos to Flounder and Glass Joe who were the ONLY ones out of 12 that made the 2 outta 3!!!
- Very cool to have some F3 royalty join us this morning! Very motivating…
- Consider Q’ing. F3 is a privilege and with that privilege comes a responsibility to lead.
Happy New Year y’All!