QIC: Dixie Chick
# of PAX: 9
PAX: Flips, Mayhem, Gravity, Morpheus, Busted Grill, Pony Express, Fire Marshall Bill and Waffle
Nine PAX showed up this morning at Hugh McRae Park for a double dose of Dora and kettlebells with some Mary in between. Every time I say “Double Dora” it reminds me of the place where Patrick Swayze worked in Roadhouse, wait, that was the Double Deuce. Anyway, I regress………..
Niles, where were you?
- Seal Claps x 20 IC
- Cotton Pickers x 21 (why not 21) IC
- Mountain Climbers x 20 IC
- “Burp & Merk’s” – Burpee with a single Merkin at the bottom, then another Burpee with 2 Merkins…all the way to 10.
Mosey to the parking lot by the swings.
Partner up for some Dora………..
- 100 Merkins
- 200 American Hammers with kettlebell (single count)
- 300 Sumo Squats with kettlebell
Other partner runs to the end of the parking lot to do 10 Merkins and back
Mosey to park area for some Mary
- Big Boy sit-ups x 30 (OYO) with kettlebell, partner holding feet
- Leg Lifts x 30 (OYO) with partner pushing feet down
Mosey back to parking lot for a “Mini-Dora”
- 50 Derkins
- 100 Flutter Kicks (single count)
- 150 Kettlebell Swings
Other partner bear crawls to parking block, does 5 Bobby Hurley’s and runs back
- Freddie Mercury x 20 IC
- Hello Dolly’s x 20 IC…hold for a few 10 counts upon completion
Prayers to the families impacted by the tragedy in Texas yesterday.
Order your “Heavy Metal” shirts as we need 6 more to place the order
- Busted Grill seemed to enjoy my “Heavy Metal” song selection, especially the 24 minute instrumental in “Plush”. I’ll be sure to add some Christopher Cross to the collection for my next Q.
- Pony Express is the definition of consistency, love it!
- Mayhem was a few minutes late, must have stopped by the Scotchman for a pack of “Lucky’s“, but when he finally made it he put in a solid effort.
- Gravity, bum foot and all, toughed it out through nearly 150 merkins, nice work. Those orthotics will be here in a few weeks.
- Morpheus, you might want to skip the “Burp and Merk” for your Q next week. I heard a few groans when I announced that.
- Flips, quiet yet effective as usual. And Waffle..good work and nice to meet you!
- Fire Marshall Bill….I love that name! We didn’t get a chance to talk today as I was preoccupied with Busted Grill and Stone Temple Pilots. Next time.
Always an honor to lead the PAX! Thanks for the privilege and look forward to seeing everyone in the “gloom” next time. Have an impactful day!