THE PAX: Gravity, Busted Grille, Kung-Fu Panda, Mindcraft, Flip (FNG)
Seven PAX braved back to school limbo and ventured to Hugh McRae Park in the early morning gloom to partake in a little Monday morning DownPainment. Apologies to Mindcraft for hijacking his workout Q. “Devil’s Ten” was on the venue for today. Devils Ten is circuit based training with weights, bricks, blocks, and boulders. The PAX work their way OYO through 10 stations @ 10 reps each. Upon completion of each station, each PAX knock out 10 Merkins per station.
Ten Stations, 10 x reps followed by 10 x Merkins. KISS (Keep it Simple Stupid). Do your station…..then go do 10 x Merkins. The stations set up for today were:
1) Shoulder Press x 10 @ choice of 35 or 25 lbs. dumbells….followed by 10 x Merkins
2) Dips (Full leg lock out) x 10….followed by 10 x Merkins
3) Full range motion Brick Flies….followed by 10 x Merkins
4) Tricep Extension with choice of 39lbs or 35 lbs Kettlebell x 10 reps….followed by 10 x Merkins
5) Brick Curlz-Taped tandem bricks for tandem fun. Not too much weight-good fer form.
6) Jerry Can Shuffle @ 35-50 lbs each. Li’l longer shuffle this time…….50 to 75 yards I think……..followed by 10 x Merkins
7) Granite Boulder Squats (~35-45 lbs) x 10 reps….followed by 10 x Merkins
8) Jerry Can Step Up x 10 reps….followed by 10 x Merkins
9) Inverted Row with PAX choice of 35 lbs or 35 lbs Kettle Bell……followed by 10 x Merkins
10) Brickhouse-Bear Crawl. Bear crawl 50 yards with bricks and run back…..followed by 10 x Merkins.
Great work by all-I think folks got a lot out of it. That’s a minimum of 200 Merkins each man. TClaps for Mayhem in bringing out an FNG today and who ceremoniously named Flip (Flips BBQ…..Vinegar or ketchup based?)
COT: Thanks Mindcraft for allowing me to spawn some Devilz 10. Prayers go out to Gravity’s Aunt, may her surgery go well and her pain be alleviated. Some words from PC3 last night that we all should work at: working for Him is not something you do when you are ready-its what you do now that counts. Let us make some effort, however small to benefit another person, in a way that glorifies Him. Small steps can lead to big change.